Gene Siskel Film Center, 164 N. State St. Chicago, Sept. 27, 28, and 29, 2019
About the Hooley
We are out to discover the next John Ford, Ed Burns, Preston Sturges, John Huston, or John Patrick Shanley, i.e.; Irish American filmmakers who epitomize Irish American pride, bravado, and legendary storytelling.
Hibernian Transmedia NFP and The Gene Siskel Film Center in Chicago.
Call for Entries
We welcome your submission of feature length narrative or documentary films. Submissions must be premieres, preferably World, American, or minimally Chicago premieres.
All work submitted should represent the best of the Irish American experience on screen. If the filmmaker is not Irish American, then the content must be Irish American related. Work submitted that features a script, producer, or lead actor who is Irish American will also be considered.
Please send 2 DVDs of your film to:
Hibernian Transmedia NFP
PO Box 5650
River Forest, IL 60305
Or send link for online screener to [email protected]
- The submission must be the original work of the Filmmaker.
- The entrant submitting the film must hold all legal rights for the submission, as well as all necessary clearances, including all music clearances, for public exhibition.
- The Filmmaker retains all submission and intellectual property rights. DVDs will not be returned.
- All films must be in English, or subtitled in English.
- The Hooley is not responsible for any damage to materials that occurred while in transit. If your film arrives damaged, we will contact you to request another copy.
- The entrant agrees that up to three minutes of their film may be used in promotional activities, including television and on our website.
- Please do not send press kits unless otherwise requested.
- Your film must have a total running time of between 60 and 150 minutes, or it will not be considered.
Terms and Conditions
Submission implies unconditional acceptance of all of the above and all Terms and Conditions and that you are legally entitled to submit this film for consideration.
Deadlines & Entry Fees
- Early Deadline March 15, 2019 Entry Fee $10
- Regular Deadline May 31, 2019 Entry Fee $20
- Late Deadline July 10, 2019 Entry Fee $25
The three films chosen to premiere in September will be notified by August 30, at the latest.
With special thanks to: